Quebec City

Quebec City

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blessings and Countdowns

As I get closer to my deadline for moving to Canada,  God has been showing me how blessed I am. Since I am doing this work voluntarily, I will not be paid while working in Quebec, so I have needed to raise the money myself. Honestly, I was afraid I wouldn't raise it in time because I was asking a lot from people in such a short period of time. But in a month, I have already raised a little over half of all my funds. It has been amazing and wonderful to see support everywhere. Last week I had a yard sale at my church, and in a week we had more donations of stuff than we had ever seen in any other yard sale held there. People have been beyond generous in giving and in helping me create fund raisers. My 9 year old cousin even gave me some of her money. She sold cookies and did extra chores so that she could give all that hard earned money to me.  God continues to surprise me and show me how much I am loved by Him and His people.

Now that I have a good amount of my funds raised, I was able to buy my tickets.  So now it's really happening! I leave on October 15th. Two weeks! I have so many mixed emotions about this right now, it's hard to explain. But I know that God is with me through this. He has been showing me that so far, so now I put my trust in Him knowing He is leading me and is always with me.

Count down: 14 days

No comments:

Post a Comment