Quebec City

Quebec City

Friday, May 27, 2016

11 weeks and counting

Things are starting to come to a close here. The reality that I am leaving Québec soon is starting to hit me. I looked at the calendar this week and realized that I will be leaving in exactly 11 weeks. In just a little over two months to the day, I will be in a car driving back to California. My heart breaks thinking about it.

Things are really coming to a close. I had my last Kids' Day event last Saturday, and I had my last English Conversation group last night. We had small gatherings for both events, but there were some encouraging things. Even though we only had 7-8 kids on Saturday, each of those kids is signed up for the camps this summer. I was thankful knowing I would see these kids again, but thankful that they are looking forward to the camps. They want to learn English! An though some of them will most likely have already heard the stories, they want to come anyway! The smiles on these kids faces from just one short three hour event, makes me feel encouraged about the weeks of camp to come. I pray that the Lord will touch each child and family that will be coming this summer.

We had a small group of four people come to the last English Conversation last night. But I was very glad to see that these people were regulars, or had been regulars a few months ago and came back for this last event. I will miss this group a lot. I made several friendships with the people in the groups and it has been a blessing to encourage them along in their English. Someone told me last night that I will be missed, but I know I will be missing them as well. I pray that the Lord will use the work I have done, and the testimonies I have given, to turn their hearts towards Him.

Even though some of my work here is done, I know that I still have a lot left to continue. I keep reminding myself that I still have two more months full of opportunities to serve Him here in Québec, and after that, my whole life to serve Him elsewhere. I do not know where the Lord will take me next, but until then, "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14) For I know that Christ is my end goal (Romans 10:4) and that by serving Him and others, I will reach that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment