Quebec City

Quebec City

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I'm alive and by God's grace!

I am so sorry that I have not written anything in a long time. I have been so busy the last three weeks that I have barely had time to settle into my new apartment, let alone write about it or the English for Kids camps. But I wanted to let you know that I am doing well. I am in the middle of my third week of English for Kids. Things have been up and down every week between issues with kids and also issues among team members. But it has all been flowing smoothly. 

I would ask for a few prayer requests from you:
- That things would go smoothly for this last team. They are the smallest team we have had so far this summer, and they are realizing that a few extra people would have helped. Pray that they will have enough energy for the rest of the week and that the kids would listen and learn from them.
- For our English for Teens group coming up in less than two weeks. We are in need of another person to join us teach teenagers English while camping. And also for my friend Suzy and I as we prepare the lessons and plans for this trip.
- That the gospel will be heard and received by these children and teenagers.
- And lastly, for my health. Three full weeks on going nonstop has been the most I have done in a long time. I strained my voice and my body by doing music during the first week. As a result of all of this plus many different points of stress from these camps, I seemed to have caught a pulmonary infection of some kind. I brought it up to the team nurse on Sunday after I had been experiencing symptoms for a few days. But thankfully it seems to be slowly getting better. She says that my lungs sound so much better now and I am slowly feeling better. I thank the Lord for that. But please pray for continued health and strength for the next few weeks. 

Thank you so much for all your prayers. It has been a comfort to me knowing that people are praying for me and the many team members and children that have been coming to these camps. I thank God for you intercession, knowing that He hears your prayers because we have our own intercessor through Jesus. (Hebrews 7:25) 

Thank you and have a wonderful week. I hope to write again and in more details soon.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment