Quebec City

Quebec City

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ice Hotel

This last week I was able to visit the beautiful Ice Hotel of Quebec City. This is one of just two ice hotels in the world, the other hotel is in Sweden. The Quebec hotel is celebrating their 15th anniversary of being open this year. They have had over 1 million visitors stay overnight since they opened, and it costs them thousands of dollars to rebuild the hotel every year. The hotel is made entirely of snow and ice, there are no beams or poles to hold it up; it is a "self-sustaining" structure. It is quite something. It is expensive to stay overnight, I believe the price starts around $200 a night, but it would be a once in a lifetime experience. I however did not stay the night, I just visited for one afternoon and took a lot of pictures. Here are just a few of my pictures of the Ice Hotel. You can find out more about the hotel on their website here.
 
Welcome to the Hôtel de Glace 









The Chapel

 
The Slide
  I went down the slide. :)
 
Hallway to the bedrooms.








I hope you enjoyed the pictures and perhaps someday you will be able to see for yourself the beauty of this hotel. The fact that we as humans can make something so beautiful out of God's creation still astounds me. It makes me appreciate the beauty God has put in the world, even the beauty of winter. 
I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment